The main goal of the scientific paper is to share your original research, experiments, and…
Good research is the foundation that you use to build your academic assignment on. A lot of students struggle with finding reliable sources for research when they are trying to finish an essay or paper. Students need to make sure that they are getting information from authoritative, unbiased resources that can provide reliable data.
Since it is the age of information technology, a lot of students prefer to go online rather spend time at an actual library. Browsing online data is convenient and easy. You can quickly jump back and forth to two or more sources, comparing information and drawing conclusions. You can also copy and paste sentences and paragraphs for revision. But finding reliable information resources is not always easy. The internet is a big place since Google has around 50 billion web pages available. Moreover, there are almost 5 folds this number of websites available on the invisible web that Google is unable to index. This means that finding what you are looking for might be a challenging task.
In this article, we provide a list of credible sources for research. These offer reliable data that can be safely included in an academic essay, task or paper.
- Virtual LRC: This is a custom version of Google search engine. It works just like Google but only displays the best academic websites. Professors and librarians around the world keep on updating the search by adding reliable sources that students can use any time they like.
- Google Scholar: This is another version of Google that is customized to search only for scholarly articles and legal documents. It also has a citation feature which helps students track their research and use the citation information in the assignments they write.
- Internet Public Library: As the name suggests, this is an online free public library that is accessible by anyone. Volunteer librarians and professionals work to help students who are looking for resources or asking questions. More resources are always added to cater to the needs of millions of users worldwide. People are able to browse the resources by subject, so it is a great time-saver.
- WorldWideScience: This is a comprehensive portal for scientific research that is widely accessible. Science students and researchers have the chance to explore the latest scientific findings in real-time. It also provides approved translations of the world’s latest scientific discoveries.
- Microsoft Academic Search Engine: This tool is provided by Microsoft and caters to the needs of billions of users. It is mainly used for scientific research and provides instant access to more than 38 billion publications and documents. Moreover, it offers publications, images, and infographics that can be easily included in academic assignments.
- Google Books: This is another useful tool by Google that will enable you to search billions of the world’s books. There are a lot of free books that you can easily browse, and there is always a preview that will tell you what the book is about. It provides the real library experience in the comfort of your home or classroom. Users are able to browse books by topic or genre and then save them to be read later.
- Catalog of U.S. Government Publications: This tool will enable you to gather information about federal publications. It enables researches and scholars to easily browse and access historical and modern publications using descriptive records. Users are able to research their topics using the title, subject, and general keywords. Advanced Search provides more options.
- SpringerLink: A lot of users prefer this site because it offers millions of useful links to books, journals, reference works, and protocols. Students and scholars can browse the archives and find a variety of topics and subjects.
Whether you are working on a term paper or preparing your thesis, you need to make sure that you are spending enough time researching your topic. Writing an original essay or paper requires making sure that you have access to relevant and practical resources. Today, in-depth research can be conducted anytime and anywhere. All you need is a laptop, an internet connection and the will to succeed.