The research paper is a difficult work because it should contain a new look at…
All college students encounter a task as a research paper writing because it is an integral part of a modern studying program. But many of them are afraid of it and spend the biggest part of the time that intended for writing process to the nerves and other not useful stuff. This can lead to a failure. It is a responsible and serious type of work but if you will follow the main rules and our useful tips – you can get the perfect grade and save a bunch of time. Read our article to check the tips and refresh your mind about the general rules and soon you will learn how to write a research paper of the best quality! Let’s start with a definition.
A research paper is a kind of an academic assignment that requires conducting quite a deep investigation on a certain topic. Students are usually being asked to investigate some phenomenon, event or issue in order to complete and expand already existing knowledge, verify scientific hypotheses and analyze certain issues that exist in science, nature and social life. This is a popular assignment in various educational institutions.
- Step 1: Choose topic
- Step 2: Do initial research
- Step 3: Make an outline
- Step 4: Write a thesis statement
- Step 5: Make a Draft
- Step 6: Find mistakes
- Step 7: Edit
- Step 8: Do detailed research
- Step 9: Final writing
- Step 10: Proofread
Step 1: Choosing a Topic For Research Paper
How to write a research paper and choose the right topic? How to make a good choice? If you have an ability to choose the topic on your own – the first thing you need to think about is originality. Think about other students – may be your topic will be way too common, and too many students will select it either. This is an important point for consideration. In fact, if you are striving to make your work distinguished and original – try to choose the topic that you are interested in. This will help you make it engaging. It can be something you already know about or something you are good at.
- If you don’t have any preferences – make a brainstorm for ideas;
- Choose the topic that is closer to you. So, you can understand the literature;
- Check it for available literature and informational sources. Make sure that is writable.
If your topic is too difficult and you don’t have any idea and even brainstorm can’t help you, you always can purchase a research paper online, look for ready topics or rewrite some other research papers.
Step 2: Conduct a Superficial Research
If you have to write a qualitative research – use reliable sources. Choosing well-tried information is obligatory for the successful work. There are a few general types of sources you can use:
- The simplest way to start your search – use research engines;
- Check some digital encyclopedias and online scholarly database like Encyclopedia Britannica, EBSCO for some information.
- Don’t forget about the libraries – it is a classical informal source that has a reputation of a salvation place for students of all times!
- Newspapers and magazines can also be useful. Wall street journal and New York Times can be a good place to find a current world information if you need it.
Step 3: Make An Outline Of Main Points From Your Research
Highlight the main ideas and interesting materials that you will use in your future research paper. Write some information in your notes and try to imagine how your paper will look like.
Step 4: Write A Thesis Statement
Generally, the thesis is the same question that the search for answers your work devoted to. What is it? Which hypothesis do you want to confirm or deny? Remember that whole your research work should relate to the thesis, and therefore it is extremely important to define the thesis quite clearly. You need to write your thesis compactly but contain all the main things of your paper.
Step 5: Try To Make A Draft Of Your Research Paper
After you just made everything that we described before – you can finally start trying to write your papers. There is one more feature that will make a writing process easier: If you can’t come up with the introduction – don’t panic. You are not alone there! Writing a memorable intro is one of the biggest issues that people face and often, a student loses too much time to write a perfect introduction and misses out many good ideas because of it. Thus, we recommend you not to get stuck! If you get trapped in the situation like this, the best decision will be to start writing a body of your paper. It would be easier to write your introduction at the end of your writing process. Other way is to pay for research paper writing and don’t worry about it. If you don’t have the problems like this, you can write the research paper introduction in the standard way.
Writing a research paper introduction
- In this part, you need to attract an attention to your work. You can use an interesting statistic, quotes from the famous person, or shocking fact that relate to your topic. For example, your topic is “Bad influence of fast-food. For or against?” – You can use the short fact like: Every day fast-food restaurants of one of the most popular world brand serve 68 million people (this is almost of 1% of the world’s population). Also, they are selling 75 hamburgers every second. An interesting introduction will attract the attention of the reader and therefore, it is an important part so try to write it shortly and originally.
Writing a body of your paper
- It is obligatory to provide confirmation of all the statements you use – thus, in the course of your investigation, you have to find valid facts that support your ideas.
- Give short but detailed comments. It would be not good if you express opinions without supporting them with facts and evidence; nevertheless, if you cite facts, but do not explain why and where those came from, they will not sound too convincing. Of course, your desire to give the facts to the readers is clear, but make sure you explained everything with help of comments and references. Long and direct quotes are best not to use. The meaning of your work, even if it is called a research, is to show the world your own thoughts on the topic under study.
Writing a conclusion for a research paper
- In the Conclusion of the research work, we see consistently stated results, it is determined by their correlation with the common goal and specific tasks formulated in the introduction, and self-evaluation given about the work done. In some cases, you can specify ways to continue researching the topic, as well as specific tasks that have to be addressed in this case. It is one of the most significant parts of your work.
Step 6: Ask Someone To Read Your Draft
Sometimes it’s important to ask someone’s opinion because even the most diligent student can skip some mistakes because he wrote the paper on his/her own. So, if you can’t see any mistakes in the draft – it would be a great decision to give it to someone. A fresh look can help define the mistakes. Thus, give the work to your parents, friends or even both of them. Anyway, they can tell you about your grammatical mistakes and other details that you can’t see, and you can also ask their opinion about the used research paper format, maybe you can make the paper look more organically and originally.
Step 7: Edit It According To Problems That Were Found
Defining mistakes is important. However, fixing them is even more important! Thus, if you already checked all the mistakes, it is time to edit them – maybe you can add something while editing (leave it if it looks organically to you). You can also make some notes that will help you to not forget any advice that you got.
Step 8: Make A More Detailed Study
This is needed to complete your work. You can also conduct a deeper study in order to improve the knowledge you already obtained and bring the paper to the new level. You can find new facts or arguments. This will help to disclose the topic fully.
Step 9: Write Your Perfect Research Paper
Now, when you have a polished draft, you can finally start writing your text, following the notes you have made. Here you need to consider the formalization of your papers: font, the distance between lines and fields, and if you have a certain type of writing (APA, MLA, etc.) don’t forget to format it.
Step 10: Proofread
This is the last step. It is better to finish your papers beforehand and leave a couple days for proofreading. It would be great if you will not do this in one day and will check it with the fresh and clear mind – you can see everything you haven’t noticed right after you wrote it. Check everything with all the attention to the details. It’s better to reread it couple times after having some rest, to see all the flaws with a fresh look, and don’t forget about creating a correct research paper title page and checking the overall structure of your document! It is important to ensure you have followed all the given requirements!
Step 11: Get Your A+
If you made everything from the list – there is no other way except getting an A+! Thus, your goal is achieved.
Of course, writing this type of work is a long and tedious process that requires attention to details and decent skills, which is why not everyone can handle it from the first try. However, even if you have come across certain issues in the course of writing, there is a solution that can help you out – you can get a brilliant research papers for sale from a professional writer. This way the success will be achieved easier and faster. Besides, you will rid yourself of the need to do all these steps on your own!