What Is An Introduction Paragraph Of Essay And Why Is It Important? Each of us…
Students are rarely properly taught how to conclude an essay. Many even do not have an idea of what it is.
In reality, any academic writing final paragraph ( conclusion ) summarizes the thoughts and concepts covered in the other portions of your research. What should it look like? Include the key point you want to communicate to the reader in your concluding section. It should be similar to your introduction (though in different wording), but it should also add something to your text rather than simply reiterate your previous ideas. Here are a few things to think about.
Your introductory section should be your guide. Suppose you start your paper with “History will remember the 20th century as the century of warfare due to the high number of conflicts that have taken place”. It is important to understand how to write an essay introduction. In that case, you might want to conclude with, “Even though the century of warfare ended almost two decades ago, the world does not seem to have put an end to armed conflicts”.
In longer academic papers, it is a good idea to look at what each paragraph was about; then, you would go on to list or summarize what they have in common. For instance, when writing a summarizing part for essays about sports where each section is devoted to a different discipline, you can begin with “Sports like football, tennis, and basketball are played all over our planet”.
Leave an impression on your reader. Give a call to action with a sentence like “There’s a lot more to explore about sailing”. Also, you can suggest they do something after reading your paper: “It has never been easier to get in touch with your relatives. They are a few clicks away from you.”
The main purpose of the ending paragraph is to wrap up your writing by briefly summarizing your central arguments. A smooth ending creates a well-written composition. Without one, there would be no feeling of completeness to your piece. It does not matter if you are looking to write any type of text; our tips and recommendations on how to write a conclusion for your essay presented below will come in handy and help you create top-notch text! Also, don’t forget that we provide essays for sale online that will be custom-made for you! Order now and get your argumentative essay written within hours.
What Is A Conclusion Paragraph?
- Your audience will mostly remember your paper by your closing remarks;
- It “wraps up” your writing;
- You show that you have reached your initial goal;
- It demonstrates how you have proved your thesis;
- It should provide the reader with a sense of closure on the matter.
Structure And Format
- The concluding part is almost exactly the opposite of the introduction;
- The intro begins with a general point and proceeds to more specific ones;
- The closing statement starts with specifics and ends with a general point.
What To Include?
- You should sort of “pack up” your essay in conclusion;
- Your first topic sentence should get the summary of what you have said in your thesis statement – it makes it clear to the audience that you have accomplished what you set out to do;
- Avoid simply restating your thesis statement as that would be redundant – paraphrase it with a fresh and more profound understanding;
- No new thoughts should be brought up in your concluding summary;
- Use supporting sentences to summarize what has already been said in the body of your writing. Do not be tempted to add a new idea in the conclusion to enrich your text. If you feel it is worth including, consider adding a section in the main body or omitting it altogether. Look for examples on our website;
- Your key points from each body paragraph ought to be summarized in closing remarks;
- Your closing part should have a sense of closure;
- Your closing sentence is your last say on the issue, your last chance to win over your audience;
- Prove your views are relevant and important;
- Give your reader a new view of the subject;
- Try to end on a positive note with something punchy;
- The closing sentence should make your audience feel grateful for reading your work.
If these points look unmanageable, don’t worry, we have a solution for you. You can order a cheap essay from us and get your qualitatively written paper with a correct meaningful concluding statement. Many students do, and they are beyond satisfied.
How To Write An Effective Conclusion?
- Return to the themes raised in the introduction – this completes the circle;
- If you start by giving a scenario, you can end with it as proof that your essay helped to create a new understanding;
- Relate to the introduction using the same keywords, images, or parallel concepts.
How To Start?
- Try to distance yourself from the writing and begin reading your summary and after every statement, ask yourself, “So what?”. For writing on healthy eating, you could do this: “A balanced diet is a key to good health” – “So what?” – “Children should eat salads and vegetables regularly” – “So what?” – “College students must receive balanced meals to ensure their well-being and ability to study and achieve high results”.
- Summarize. Add a summary of your main points, but don’t simply list them as before.
- Show how your points, supporting material, and examples all fit together to prove your main ideas and show valid support for them.
- Propose a solution to the problem, a course of action, or issues for further study.
- Point to broader implications. An essay about Shakespeare could mention how his choice of words affected the modern English language.
What To Avoid?
There are a few tips on what mistakes to avoid in your text:
- There is no need, to begin with, for an overused clichéd phrase;
- Phrases like “to conclude”, “in closing”, and “to summarize” sound good in speeches but are superfluous in writing;
- Introducing a completely new idea;
- Stating your thesis for the first time;
- Citing evidence that should be in the body;
- Copying and pasting from other sources. Remember to use our free plagiarism checker for students to be sure that you have the original text. It takes a few minutes but saves you much of worrying;
- Making emotional, sentimental appeals that do not correlate with the rest of the paper.
Looking for “don’ts” on how to write a conclusion for an essay? Here is how to avoid writing an ineffective final section:
- Briefly restating the thesis without pushing ideas forward as if the author has nothing else to say does not work. This is something you shouldn’t do.
- Stating the thesis for the first time as if being dramatic and keeping the audience in suspense is a bad decision too. Readers require analytical discussion knowing the topic to judge the merits of your work.
- Do not make it too emotional. Emotional conclusions out of character with the rest of the paper appear weak and can significantly lower your overall grade.
- If you add new ideas (no matter how strong), all they do is create confusion because, for 90% of the article, you were discussing something completely different, and the audience expects you to draw on what has already been said.
Good Essay Conclusion Examples
How to write a conclusion for an essay that would be perfect? To learn better, you need to see a good example or several examples of a concluding summary:
Case: The Causes Of The Civil War
“The debates related to the significance of different reasons that have caused the American Civil War can last for a long time. However, there are no reasons to argue that several factors influenced the South’s secession: state rights, slavery, and the election of a new president – Abraham Lincoln, even though no Southern states supported him. All of these reasons played a significant role. And what do we have now? Even though the Civil War occurred about 150 years ago, some misunderstanding and contradictions between the North and South are still observed even in modern America.”
Case: What causes homelessness?
Unfortunately, today it is not an odd situation to pass by a homeless person on the city’s streets. This is an overwhelming fact. However, if you dig deeper, you can discover that homelessness, in fact, is caused by a whole complex of reasons that also incorporate lack of support from family, job loss, and lack of affordable living space. Despite this, many people feel comfortable thinking this issue is caused by laziness or mental illnesses. However, there are many other factors to take into account. Thus, only when we see the whole scope of causes, our society may find a reasoned and effective solution to this matter and make a change.”
Are you stressing out because you still don’t know how to write a conclusion for an essay? We understand your situation. Writing a closing part can be challenging. However, with the examples, tips, and recommendations provided in this article, you will easily cope with this section of your paper and make an outstanding conclusive clause that will help you get the highest assessment! If you can still not write on your own, you can get professional help. Besides a conclusive paragraph essay, you can buy a persuasive essay too. Now you have both options: tips on how to write and where to get help. You can decide what you are willing to do and make your college days stress-free.